Sunday, July 20, 2014
Coconut Curry Chicken (Tom)
What you will need for dinner for 4 peeps:
- 1 Chicken breast, boneless and skinned cut into 1" x 1/2" cubes
- 1 Red bell pepper, 1" pieces
- 1 Onion, small, diced
- 2 Carrots, 1" pieces
- 1 Tomato, small, diced
- 2 Celery stalks, 1/4" pieces
- 1 Garlic clove, large, chopped in small pieces
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- 8 oz. can of Cream of Coconut
- 1 cup of cooked rice, we like Jasmine Rice
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
Time to cook.
The flavors of the curry and the sweetness from the coconut cream really make your taste buds jump up and down.
We like to cut our veggies and chicken and set them on the side or put back in refrigerator until we're ready to go.
Have an additional clean plate on the side for the chicken.
Start your rice if you have not.
Rice is great because it will stay warm for 20 minutes.
Have your wok or large pan ready.
Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil to your pan. Heat medium to high depending how fast you work.
Stir in the chicken cubes and cook for about 3 minutes until all sides are no longer pink. Take out put in a clean plate. Add the remaining vegetable oil to the wok or pan, heat for one minute.
Add the peppers, onions, celery and carrots. Stir fry for 5 minutes. add the garlic and diced tomatoes.
Add the chicken.
Stir in the curry powder followed by the cream of coconut. Cook for one to minutes, stirring the mixture to create a sauce.