Nothing is better after a long day than something simple, delicious and healthy. I've scoured the web for such dishes - it either boils down to the microwave or the stove. Microwaves create awful habits, so I've focused on the quickest possible way to get something good off the stove.
Enter: two stupid simple recipes mashed into one nomtastic blend of awesome.
Mixed / brown rice
- use 1 1/2 cups chicken stock (instead of water)
- add 1 cup of rice
- bring to a boil, stir once, let it simma for 15 minutes covered
- once done, squeeze in 1 lemon and stir
Edamame (I use the shelled + frozen jams)
- bring water to a boil
- add in 3/4 cup edamame
- boil for 3 - 4 minutes
- shock with cold water in strainer
Pancetta (probably do first so then you can snack on them)
- plop the cured meat slices onto pan
- crisp them
Plop the rice down first onto the plate. Add the edamame. Top with the pancetta and parmesan.